LANAP™ (LPT™), is a patient-friendly, minimally-invasive procedure that’s a great improvement over standard gum surgery. During LPT™ treatment, you'll receive a local anesthetic to
eliminate any possible discomfort. A general anesthetic isn't necessary, because LASER PERIODONTAL THERAPY™ is much less traumatic. A tiny laser fiber (about the thickness of three hairs) is
inserted between the tooth and the gum, and the infection is cleared away. The procedure is fast: It takes just two 2-hour sessions. Dr. Britain will treat one half of your mouth at each
session...and you'll probably feel good enough to go right back to work afterwards.
- LPT™ is about as easy as erasing a blackboard — there’s no cutting and no suturing.
- There's much less discomfort with LASER PERIODONTAL THERAPY™ than with standard surgery -- during and after the procedure.
- It takes two 2-hour visits to the dentist and two follow up visits.
- Dr. Britain will probably recommend a soft diet for a day or two, and common sense should prevail.
- There's less than 24 hour recovery period, so you won't lose time from work.
- LASER PERIODONTAL THERAPY™ is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin.
For more information on LANAP click here.